Back to BarsOnLine
There is not one specific musical genre that is favored at The Note;
all types of musical styles are featured on a rotating basis, including jazz, blues,
swing, latin, ska, reggae, rockabilly, etc. Some of the acts that have appeared at
The Note are Kurt Elling, Indigo Swing, Cigar Store Indians, Deke
Dickerson, Fareed Haque, as well as emerging local bands. The Note
will be a major venue in Chicago for many years to come.
Upcoming Special Events:
- Fri Sep 1: Bumpus @ 11PM, w/ Deana's House @ 10PM
- Sat Sep 2: The Dirty M.F. & The Smoking Section, w/ DJ Devious
- Sun Sep 3: Brazilian Independence Day 2000!
- 8:00pm: DJ "Z Brasil"
- 8:30pm: "Chicago Caledonians" Drums & Pipes
- 9:00pm: "Larissa Engelhard " (Brazilian Poetry, in Portuguese)
- 9:15pm: Julie Koidin - Choros, Chorinhos & Choroes
- 10:00pm: "GingaArt" Capoeira & Maculele
- 10:30pm: Samba Brazil Band, with Sergio Pires
- 11:30pm: The Brazilian National Anthem by Luciano Antonio & Chicago Samba
- 11:30pm: Chicago Samba with special guests "Danca Brasil"
- Fri Sep 8: Isabelle Haze (funkjazz fusion) @ Midnight, w/ Oucho Sparks @ 10pm
- Sat Sep 9: The Punjabi Trio featuring Fareed Haque (indian jazz) @ 10pm, Pelvic Delta (sensualambientfunk) @ 11pm, w/ DJ TS Soundz spinning the breaks
- Fri Sep 15: The Slip (funk and jazz jamband)@ 11pm, w/ The Kapsalis Trio (instrumental funkjazz fusion) @ 10pm
- Sat Sep 16: The Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey (avantJEDIjazz, from Tulsa) @ 11pm, w/ The Treehouse Project (edgy-groove-improv) @ 10pm
- Fri Sep 22: Ulu (funky jazz groove from NYC) @ 10pm, Sugarman 3 (funky soul boogaloo from NYC) @ Midnight
- Sat Sep 23: Homunculus (blend of The Beatles, The Meters & Frank Zappa) @ 11pm
- Fri Sep 29: Nubile Thangs (garage funk) @ 11pm, w/ Fly Williams (funk) @ 10pm
- Sat Sep 30: Fat Time (funk) @ 11pm, w/ Mr. Marco's V7 (indiejazzrock...from KC) @ 10pm
- Tuesdays: "Spheres of Influence," an intoxicating mix of pre-recorded loops, live instrumentation, and DJ sets,
Featuring Shon Dervis Smith (a.k.a. PORNO) & Evan Coleman (a.k.a. SILICON) of Uptighty
- Wednesdays:Latin Street Dancing. Old School SALSA & Latin grooves all night long with DJ "EL PAPICHULO"
- Thursdays: BRAZILIAN NIGHT featuring CHICAGO SAMBA (formerly Chicago Samba School)
- Fridays: DJ Tankboy spins late night
- Saturdays: DJ Stallion Luv spins late night